WHAT ARE THE SAFETY MEASURES AT TCMU REGARDING COVID-19?
- Face coverings are optional for museum entry.
- Face coverings are optional for TCMU staff when community levels are low or medium. TCMU staff are required to mask when community levels are high. Per CDC guidelines, it is also strongly recommended that guests wear masks when Covid-19 community levels are high regardless of vaccination status.
- Anyone with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a mask regardless of community levels.
- The party room and any items TCMU has placed in the room are thoroughly cleaned before and after each party.
HOW DO I BOOK A BIRTHDAY PARTY?
- Add your desired birthday package and any additional activity add-on's to your cart.
- Your party is not reserved until payment is received in full via our online booking platform. TCMU does not book parties less than two weeks in advance due to staffing limitations.
- The TCMU Birthday Party Coordinator will be in touch within 3-5 business days to confirm your request and follow-up with additional details.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY BIRTHDAY PARTY PACKAGE?
- All TCMU-Greenville birthday party packages include an hour and a half in a private party room with a dedicated party host who manages all aspects of setup, cleanup and facilitation.
- All party rooms will be decorated with colorful birthday décor and party supplies (cups, plates, napkins, etc) will be provided.
- Special photobooths will be set-up for guests to use.
- Every guest will receive a cupcake.
- All party guests will receive all day access to the museum. The birthday child will receive a special TCMU goody bag!
WHERE CAN I PARK?
- Please note parking spots can be more difficult to find on the weekends so we recommend making note of that when preparing for your arrival.
- Parking is available in the Heritage Green public parking deck located behind the Hughes Main Library. Parking is free on weekends and $.50 per half hour (up to $4) on weekdays. Handicap parking is available with permit in the employee parking lot directly behind the museum. Parking can also be found in the Landmark Building Parking located at 22 College Street and is less than a five-minute walk to the TCMU. TCMU is happy to provide a cart for loading in food, drinks, gifts, etc.
MY CHILD HAS BEEN INVITED TO A BIRTHDAY PARTY AT TCMU. CAN I JUST DROP THEM OFF AND COME BACK?
- No, you cannot drop your child off for a TCMU birthday party. Children must remain with a parent or guardian at all times while in the museum.
WHAT HAPPENS ONCE WE ARRIVE?
- No matter the party time, you and your guests can enjoy ALL-DAY MUSEUM PLAY with every birthday party packages!
- In order to take advantage of your all-day museum access, we recommend 2-3 hours before or after your party time slot for free museum play.
- Guests may arrive as early as 9AM Tuesday-Saturday and 11AM on Sundays at TCMU-Greenville.
- All of your birthday party guests must check in at the museum admissions desk. Please note parents must accompany their children while in the museum at all times.
- You and your guests will be instructed to leave all party supplies or gifts on your designated party cart if you arrive prior to 15 minutes before the start of your party.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER MY CHILD’S PARTY?
Once your party is complete, we ask that you take your cart upstairs to transfer your gifts and other belongings into your car. From there, the cart must be returned to the TCMU Admissions desk, and you are welcome to enjoy the rest of your all-inclusive museum play.
Museum staff will take care of all other aspects of clean-up, so you and your guests can enjoy the museum until closing time at 5PM.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GUESTS?
- Once your guests arrive, they will be prompted to check in via the guest list you provided for your party and then they can either go play or head to your party room depending on the time they arrive.
- Guests who arrive more than 15 minutes before the start of the party can leave their gifts at admissions on your designated birthday party cart.
- Please note that every party package has a different range for maximum number of children and adults. These numbers are based on birthday party costs and specific birthday party room capacities.
- TCMU will not refund any parties requesting a downgrade in guest count after a party has been booked.
- A headcount will be taken on the day of the party. If you are above the allotted headcount range for both children and adults, you will be charged a convenience fee will before you leave the party room. The birthday child and birthday family are included in the headcount.
HOW DO I ADD ADDITIONAL GUESTS?
- Additional guests can be paid for prior to your visit or upon arrival.
WHAT IF MY GUESTS ARE TCMU MEMBERS?
- Membership status only applies to adult guests.
WHAT HAPPENS IF NOT ALL OF MY GUESTS SHOW UP? WILL I BE REIMBERSED?
- TCMU will not reimburse the cost of the guests who did not attend the party. We recommend booking a smaller package if you are unsure of your exact guest count.
- You can upgrade closer to the time of your party if additional guests past the package you purchased confirm their reservation.
SHOULD CHILDREN UNDER 1 BE INCLUDED IN THE GUEST COUNT?
Children under the age of 1 are not included in the guest count. They should still be named on the guest list for safety reasons. If feasible, listing (under 1) next to their name is a great way to help our team maintain an accurate headcount for your party.
ARE THE PARTY PARENTS AND THE BIRTHDAY PARTY CHILD INCLUDED IN THE NUMBER OF GUESTS ALLOTTED FOR EACH PACKAGE?
- The party parents are included in the allotted guest total for each package; therefore, we ask that you take yourself and your family into account when inviting guests.
- The birthday party child is not included in the number of guests allotted for each package. The birthday child's admission is a gift on behalf of TCMU.
IF THE INVITED ADULTS ARE NOT PLANNING TO SPEND TIME OUTSIDE OF THE PARTY ROOM ARE THEY STILL INCLUDED IN THE ADULT COUNT?
- Yes, they are still included in the count.
CAN I BRING FOOD TO MY PARTY?
- If you are hosting a birthday party, you are welcome to bring in your own food–as long as food set-up and break-down is able to be facilitated within the hour and a half birthday party time-slot. We recommend Chick-fil-a nugget trays, sandwich trays, or pizza.
- TCMU appreciates being informed of what food and beverage items you will be bringing for your party. Please keep other’s allergies in mind and refrain from serving items that include nuts. No alcohol is permitted.
- If you choose to have your food delivered to the museum, please inform TCMU Staff upon your arrival. Under no circumstances, will TCMU Staff leave a tip for the driver. Any gratuity you would like to add to your order must be paid for prior to delivery.
- Items not permitted include alcohol, Sternos, canned heating tools, or coolers.
CAN I BRING MY OWN DECORATIONS?
- Please note that our party packages are designed so that you can enjoy your child’s birthday and let us do the heavy lifting. Every room is decorated with colorful and festive birthday party décor. If you would like to bring something specific, you are welcome to do so (though there is no discount if you don’t use ours!).
- If you choose to bring your own decorations, our party hosts will not be held responsible for setting up what you bring. Their job is to focus on the elements of the party included in what you have paid for. Your party host will likely offer help, but please note that they are not required to set everything up for you.
- You are welcome to access your party room maximum 30 minutes prior to your party or contact the Party Coordinator to see if there is availability to bring additional décor to the museum the day before your party. If you do choose to arrive early to set up your own decorations, your party room may not be entirely ready, as we host back-to-back parties on Saturdays on Sundays. We can however guarantee a completed party room by the start time of your party.
- Please no latex balloons (choking hazard) or hanging décor that could damage the walls. You are welcome to bring goody bags for the birthday party guests.
CAN I BRING MUSIC TO MY PARTY?
- TCMU provides music for birthday parties and can provide a wide variety of song options.
WHAT IS THE CANCELATION POLICY FOR BIRTHDAY PARTIES?
- Parties canceled with 31 days' notice will be refunded minus a $50 cancelation fee. Parties canceled within 30 days may not be refunded, but may be rescheduled (based on availability).
- If TCMU were to close for any unexpected reason, including inclement weather, we can reschedule your party (based on availability) or offer a refund.
- If you do not arrive for your birthday party on the day it was scheduled for, TCMU will not issue a refund. You may book a new party for a different day (based on availability), but your original party cannot be rescheduled.
I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. WHO SHOULD CONTACT?
- For questions not answered by this FAQ page, please email email@example.com.
TCMU reserves the right to photograph or video visitors during regular, open hours for internal or commercial use in print or electronically to promote the services and offerings of the museum. If you prefer your party to not be photographed it is your responsibility to inform TCMU staff upon arrival.