WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH A BIRTHDAY PARTY AT TCMU-GREENVILLE?
- Fully decorated, private party room for an hour and a half
- Dedicated party host who manages all aspects of setup, cleanup, and facilitation
- Party supplies (cups, plates, napkins, tablecloths, etc.)
- Cupcake for each guest catered by Publix
- Candle and lighter for cupcake
- ALL DAY access to the museum for all guests
- Museum admission valued at $180-$600
- Free entry for birthday child
- Special TCMU gift bag for the birthday child
- Designated cart to load food, drinks, and gifts
- Photobooth backdrop and props
- Ice and water
HOW DO I BOOK A PARTY?
- Add your desired birthday package and any additional activity add-on's to your cart.
- Your party is not reserved until payment is received in full via our online booking platform. TCMU does not book parties less than two weeks in advance due to staffing limitations.
- The TCMU Birthday Party Coordinator will be in touch within 3-5 business days to confirm your request and follow-up with additional details.
WHAT IS TCMU BIRTHDAYS' CANCELLATION POLICY?
- Parties canceled with 31 days' notice will be refunded minus a $50 cancelation fee. Parties canceled within 30 days may not be refunded but may be rescheduled (based on availability).
- If TCMU were to close for any unexpected reason, including inclement weather, TCMU can reschedule your party (based on availability) or offer a refund.
WHAT IS TCMU BIRTHDAYS' REFUND POLICY?
- TCMU will not refund any parties requesting a downgrade in guest count after a party has been booked.
- If you do not arrive for your birthday party on the day it was scheduled for, TCMU will not issue a refund. You may purchase and book a new party for a different day (based on availability), but your original party cannot be rescheduled.
- TCMU will not reimburse the cost for the guests who did not attend the party. TCMU recommends booking a smaller package if you are unsure of your exact guest count. You can upgrade closer to the time of your party if additional guests past the package you purchased confirm their reservation for $150.
- If you are above your headcount the day of your party, you will be charged a convenience fee of $13 per person. This can be paid upon arrival or at the end of your party.
What can I bring?
- Please note, due to the delicacy of custom cakes, party hosts and TCMU staff are not permitted to handle cakes. TCMU asks that a birthday adult move the cake from the cart to the table.
- Your own food! Food set-up and break-down must be facilitated within the hour and a half birthday party time slot. TCMU recommends Chick-fil-a nugget trays, sandwich trays, or pizza.
- Tabletop decorations and cupcake toppers
- Non-latex balloons
- Goodie or gift bags for guests
What if I bring my own food?
- TCMU appreciates being informed prior to the party of what food and beverage items you will be bringing for your party.
- Please keep other’s allergies in mind and refrain from serving items that include nuts.
- No alcohol is permitted.
- If you choose to have your food delivered to the museum, please inform TCMU Staff upon your arrival. Under no circumstances will TCMU Staff leave a tip for the driver. Any gratuity you would like to add to your order must be paid prior to delivery.
- TCMU cannot guarantee that there will be a refrigerator available for your party, so it is recommended to bring food and drinks 15-30 minutes before the party starts.
What items should I leave at home?
- Alcohol, sternos, canned heating tools or any open flame
- Due to lack of space in the party rooms, please no large coolers
- Please no latex balloons (choking hazard), hanging décor that could damage the walls, balloon arches, or pinatas.
What do I need to know about arrival?
- All guests will be prompted to check in via the guest list you provide for your party at Admissions.
- You and your guests will be instructed to leave all party supplies or gifts on your designated party cart if you arrive prior to 15 minutes before the start of your party.
- Party parents are welcome to access the party room maximum 30 minutes prior to your party.
- In order to take advantage of your all-day museum access, TCMU recommends 2-3 hours before or after your party time slot for free museum play.
- Guests may arrive as early as 9AM Tuesday-Saturday and 11AM on Sundays at TCMU-Greenville.
What do I do when the party is over?
- Your party host will facilitate the cleaning of the party room so you and your guests can head out to play after your party ends. You and your guests can play until the museum closes at 5PM. Your party host will take your cart upstairs for safekeeping until you are ready to leave. Please return carts before 4:55 pm.
What do I need to know about the party room?
- Please note that our party packages are designed so that you can enjoy your child’s birthday and let us do the heavy lifting! Every room is decorated with colorful and festive birthday party décor. If you would like to bring something specific, you are welcome to do so. There is no discount if you do not want to use TCMU’s birthday party décor.
- If you choose to bring your own decorations, our party hosts will not be responsible for hanging or setting up the décor. Their job is to focus on the elements of the party that are included in your package. Your party host will likely offer help, but please note that they are not required to set everything up for you.
- Party parents are welcome to access the party room maximum 30 minutes prior to your party
- Please note if you do choose to arrive early to set up your own decorations, your party room may not be entirely ready, as TCMU hosts back-to-back parties on Saturdays and Sundays. TCMU can however guarantee a completed party room by the start time of your party.
Does TCMU have a refrigerator I can store my food in?
- TCMU is not able to store food in our refrigerators until the previous party is complete and the party hosts have finished cleaning.
- TCMU cannot always guarantee access to a refrigerator, so please make note of that when planning what you will bring.
Can I leave a tip for my party host?
- TCMU loves our party hosts and knows you will too! They work extremely hard all weekend long to bring you and your guests the best TCMU experience possible! While they are not permitted to accept tips, offering a slice of pizza or a cupcake is a fantastic way to thank them and show your appreciation for their dedication to your party! Please note this is not an obligation or expectation.
Do the packages listed on the website include children and adults?
- Yes, TCMU birthday party packages include children and adults.
Are the party parents and the birthday child included in the number of guests?
- Yes, the party parents and siblings are included in the number of guests. Please take yourself and your immediate family into account when inviting guests.
- The birthday child is not included in the number of guests. Their admission is a gift on behalf of TCMU!
Can I drop my child off at TCMU for a birthday party?
- Children cannot be dropped off for a TCMU birthday party. Children must always remain with a parent or guardian while in the museum.
Should children under 1 be included in the guest count?
- Children under 1 are not included in the guest count. However, TCMU requires that their names are still included on the guest list for check-in purposes.
What if I go over my headcount?
- If you are above the allotted headcount range for both children and adults, you will be charged a convenience fee of $13 per person. This can be paid upon arrival or at the end of your party.
- You can upgrade closer to the time of your party if additional guests past the package you purchased confirm their reservation for $150.
What happens if not all my guests show up? Will I be reimbursed?
- TCMU will not reimburse the cost of the guests who did not attend the party. TCMU recommends booking a smaller package if you are unsure of your exact guest count.
What if my guests are TCMU Members?
- Membership status only applies to adult guests.
Please note that every party package has a different range for maximum number of children and adults. These numbers are based on birthday party costs and specific party room capacities.
CREATE IT: up to 15 individuals
- Members: $225. Non-Members: $250
IMAGINE IT: up to 25 individuals
- Members: $315. Non-Members: $350
DISCOVER IT: up to 35 individuals
- Members: $450. Non-Members: $500
DREAM IT: up to 50 individuals
- Members: $585. Non-Members: $650
Please note parking spots can be more difficult to find on the weekends so TCMU recommends making note of that when preparing for your arrival.
- Parking is in the Heritage Green public parking deck located behind the Hughes Main Library, and is free on the weekends and $.50 per half hour (up to $4) on weekdays.
- Handicap parking is available with a permit in the employee parking lot located directly behind the museum.
- Additional parking is available at the Landmark Building Parking at 22 College Street and is less than a five-minute walk to TCMU.
WHAT ARE THE COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES?
- Face coverings are optional for museum entry.
- Face coverings are optional for TCMU staff when community levels are low or medium. TCMU staff are required to mask when community levels are high. Per CDC guidelines, it is also strongly recommended that guests wear masks when Covid-19 community levels are high regardless of vaccination status.
- Anyone with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a mask regardless of community levels.
- The party room and any items TCMU has placed in the party room are thoroughly cleaned before and after each party.
I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. WHO SHOULD I CONTACT?
- For questions not answered by this FAQ page, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864-553-7919.
I DO NOT WANT MY FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHED BY TCMU STAFF. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO PREVENT THIS?
- TCMU reserves the right to photograph or video visitors during regular, open hours for internal or commercial use in print or electronically to promote the services and offerings of the museum. If you prefer your party to not be photographed it is your responsibility to inform TCMU staff upon arrival.