WHAT ARE THE SAFETY MEASURES AT TCMU REGARDING COVID-19??
- Face coverings are optional for entry to The Children’s Museum of the Upstate.
- Per CDC guidelines, it is highly recommended that unvaccinated guests wear an appropriate face covering while inside museum spaces.
- TCMU staff members are required to wear approved face coverings.
HOW DO I BOOK A BIRTHDAY PARTY?
- Add your desired birthday package and any additional activity or catering add-on's to your cart.
- Your party is not reserved until payment is received in full via our online booking platform. TCMU does not book parties less than two weeks in advance due to staffing limitations.
- The TCMU Birthday Party Coordinator will be in touch within 2-3 business days to confirm your request and follow-up with additional details.
- Parties cancelled with 31 days notice will be refunded minus a $50 cancellation fee. Parties cancelled within 30 days may not be refunded, but may be rescheduled (based on availability).
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY BIRTHDAY PARTY PACKAGE?
- All TCMU-Spartanburg birthday party packages include an hour in a private party room with a dedicated party host who manages all aspects of setup, cleanup and facilitation.
- All party rooms will be decorated with colorful birthday décor and party supplies (cups, plates, napkins, etc) will be provided.
- Every child will receive a cupcake and a juice box.
- All party guests will receive all day access to the museum. The birthday child will receive a special TCMU goody bag!
WHERE CAN I PARK?
- Parking is available in the Magnolia Street Parking Garage located across the street from the museum. Parking is free on weekends.
WHAT HAPPENS ONCE WE ARRIVE?
- No matter the party time, you and your guests can enjoy ALL-DAY MUSEUM PLAY with every birthday party packages!
- In order to take advantage of your all-day museum access, we recommend 2-3 hours before or after your party time slot for free museum play.
- Guests may arrive as early as 9AM on Saturdays at TCMU-Spartanburg.
- All of your birthday party guests must check in at the museum admissions desk. You will be instructed to leave all party supplies or gifts on your designated party cart.
- If you would like to arrive early for any additional set-up, you are welcome to arrive at maximum 15 minutes early.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER MY CHILD’S PARTY?
- Leave the crumbs to us! Museum staff will take care of all aspects of clean-up, so you and your guests can enjoy the museum until closing time at 5PM. Your party cart will be taken to museum admissions for safe-keeping until you’re ready to leave. The carts will be looked after by museum staff, though the museum cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen items. Carts must be unloaded and returned empty before 4:55PM.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE GUEST LIST?
- You will be prompted to submit your guest list a week prior to the party via e-mail. Please submit all required information in order to ensure admission for your invited friends and family.
- Please note that every party package has a different range for maximum number of children and adults. These numbers are based on birthday party costs and specific birthday party room capacities.
- A headcount will be taken on the day of the party. If you are above the allotted headcount range (by child), you will be asked to upgrade your package.
HOW DO I ADD ADDITIONAL GUESTS?
- If you need to add additional children, beyond the allotted range for the birthday party you have paid for, you will need to upgrade to the next birthday party package.
- In order to get the most out of your package upgrade, the Party Coordinator should be made aware no later than the Thursday before your party so that additional cupcakes and juice boxes can be ordered. You are welcome to upgrade the day of, but there may not be enough cupcakes for each child in that case.
- If you need to add additional adults, admissions will charge you the day of your party. Each added adult will either be required to pay for their own admission ($5) or we will charge you as the birthday parent before you leave. This is something we prefer that you discuss with your guests ahead of time.
- Ultimately, our hosts’ focus will be on the children. We want to ensure everyone enjoys the party experience, but service to more guests may require more time and patience.
WHAT IF MY GUESTS ARE TCMU MEMBERS?
- Membership status only applies to adult guests.
ARE THE PARTY PARENTS AND THE BIRTHDAY PARTY CHILD INCLUDED IN THE NUMBER OF GUESTS ALLOTTED FOR EACH PACKAGE?
- Yes, the party parents and birthday party child are included in the allotted guest total for each package; therefore, we ask that you take yourself and your family into account when inviting guests.
IF THE INVITED ADULTS ARE NOT PLANNING TO SPEND TIME OUTSIDE OF THE PARTY ROOM ARE THEY STILL INCLUDED IN THE ADULT COUNT?
- Yes, they are still included in the count.
CAN I BRING FOOD TO MY PARTY?
- No outside food or drink is allowed, except for birthday cakes and cookies. This allows for a controlled environment for all of our museum guests with dietary allergies and restrictions, as the party rooms are shared guest spaces. We have a diverse selection of pre-selected catering options; please consult the list of add-on items available.
- Any catering additions to your party must be ordered and paid for in full before the deadline that the party coordinator sets for your party.
- Please be aware that TCMU is not responsible for any delays from our catering vendors, though we will do our best to rectify any issues.
CAN I BRING MY OWN DECORATIONS?
- Please note that our party packages are designed so that you can enjoy your child’s birthday and let us do the heavy lifting. Every room is decorated with colorful and festive birthday party décor. If you would like to bring something specific, you are welcome to do so (though there is no discount if you don’t use ours!).
- Please no latex balloons (choking hazard) or hanging décor that could damage the walls. You are welcome to bring goody bags for the birthday party guests.
CAN I LEAVE A TIP FOR MY PARTY HOST?
- We love our party hosts, and we know you will too! They work extremely hard all weekend long to bring you and your guests the best TCMU experience possible! While they are not permitted to accept tips, offering a slice of pizza or a cupcake is a fantastic way thank them and show your appreciation for their dedication to your party! Please note this is by no means an obligation or expectation.
I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. WHO SHOULD CONTACT?
- For questions not answered by this FAQ page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
TCMU reserves the right to photograph or video visitors during regular, open hours for internal or commercial use in print or electronically to promote the services and offerings of the museum. If you prefer your party to not be photographed it is your responsibility to inform TCMU staff upon arrival.